Updated: May 24, 2018
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Voluntarily submitted information
When you submit a form requesting our service offers, research papers, studies, newsletters, other resources and/or requesting some information or correspondence, we sometimes ask you for your name, company name, email address, postal address, phone and/or other information. Voluntarily submitted information may be subject to additional terms and restrictions agreed upon at the time the information was submitted. 616 Marketing Group LLC collects and stores all voluntarily submitted information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How We Use “Cookies” and Other Technologies
We may use “cookies” (small data files that assign you a unique identifier) and other technologies, such as pixel tags and web beacons, to help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our website people have visited and to measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. This information is non-personal information; however, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. You may use your browser’s preferences to disable cookies, but understand that by doing so, you may cause certain aspects of the website to operate incorrectly or otherwise limit the functionality of the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information from our web server logs
When you visit most any internet website, you automatically disclose certain limited information about yourself, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit and the referring location (e.g., the website or page that offered a link to a 616 Marketing Group LLC page). Information that can potentially be collected when you visit our website includes, but is not limited to: IP address, referring location and operating system information and various browser details. 616 Marketing Group LLC collects and stores all information automatically generated as you navigate our website.
Data Use, Sharing, Retention & Protection
How and When Information is Used and Who we share your data with
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single, specific person.
616 Marketing Group LLC does not knowingly make your personal information available to any third parties without your permission. When you provide personal information to us, we may use that information in one or more of the following ways:
- For the purpose for which it was provided (e.g., to provide services to you, contact you regarding services, to respond to your problems and comments);
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service (3rd-party).
- For system administration and other internal purposes, such as to improve our website and content or for internal data analysis and research (such as but not limited to Google Analytics data );
- To keep you updated on 616 Marketing Group LLC’s latest developments or to contact you for other informational, marketing or promotional purposes;
- When we believe in good faith that release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of this website or the public.
While your personal information helps us keep in contact with you and stay in touch with our users, we respect your decision not to be contacted by us in the future. You may opt-out at any time. If you wish to opt-out of future communications, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] (please include “Do Not Contact” in the subject line) or by writing to:
616 Marketing Group LLC
6660 Old 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
How We Use Your Non-Personal Information
Non-personal data is data that does not permit direct association with any single, specific individual. Non-personal data includes, but is not limited to, language, location, occupation, zip code and area code. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose, including providing aggregate non-personal information to third parties. Some examples of use include, but are not limited to, analyzing our website traffic and understanding which parts of our website or services are of most interest.
In the event that we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information is treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We store data for the shortest time possible in order to process and review stored data for business purposes. For archiving purposes, we keep contact form and chat entries for up to 10 years, website analytics records for up to 25 years, and customer purchase records for up to 50 years for historical research. Data held will accurate and kept up-to-date.
How We Protect Your Information & Data Breach Procedures
We utilize appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, and alteration. We make reasonable efforts to protect the security of your personally-identifiable information and periodically review and enhance these methods as necessary. However, we make no guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosures will never occur. All submissions of information by you on our website are made at your own risk. Should a data breach occur, authorities will be notified within 72 hours and any affected users and customers will be notified. A few ways we protect your data include but are not limited to the following:
- Customer Data is stored in an encrypted database
- Multi-factor authentication is required to access customer data for authorized employees only
- Strong passwords are used across company devices, workstations, networking equipment, web servers, and secure applications
- Operating Systems and Application software is routinely updated for security updates
- CompTIA Security+ certified staff provide regular data security training to employees
- Network Security enhancements to IT infrastructure (firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.)
- Physical security: Secured entryway and individual offices, 24/7 infrared security camera monitoring and real-time alerting
- Any paper files are stored in secured/locked location, old files are shredded, old hard drives are physically destroyed, portable devices are wiped, removal and destroying any memory or SIM cards in smartphones are performed.
- Ensure to a reasonable extent that any third-party partners and vendors have proper security policies and procedures in place
- A current incident response team (ERT) prepare and respond to any emergency incident including data breach, natural disaster, or an interruption of business operations.
Control Your Data
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How Can I Correct Inaccuracies In My Information?
You may request to correct inaccuracies in your contact information. To submit corrections to your contact information please email us at [email protected]. Please include “Contact Information Correction” in the subject line of your email message. You may also submit your corrections in writing to:
616 Marketing Group LLC
6660 Old 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
What If I Have Questions?